Search this blog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh Honey!

Well, I got up this morning having those same old PMS symptoms that I’ve been having every month for a year now. You know the ones, sore boobs, bloating, headache and cramps in my back. The funny thing is, I never actually get my period. Ever since I went off of depo provera, I’ve been waiting for it to return but, still it has not. I’m really not sure if it every will but, my gyno seems to think it’s completely normal and that I shouldn’t worry just yet. Maybe she’s right but, during my use of depo provera, I had a spike in the amount of yeast infections that I developed. Thank goodness that is now tapering off and I haven’t had one in months but, during my time of trials and tribulation, I rarely had a yeast infection cream available when I needed it. That is when I was informed by a close friend to use honey. "Honey?" I asked. She assured me that it was safe and that it would relieve the itching. I let this information go into one ear and out the other until one night I just couldn’t sleep because of yet another yeast infection that itched like mad! That is when I saw the honey in the cabinet. Now mind you, you should be prepared to shower if you attempt this but, I simply sat on the toilet naked as I rubbed honey all over the itchy area. To my surprise, it stung a little. It wasn’t anything too horrible and I had in fact experienced worse stinging from a certain stimulating lubricant before. I sat there for maybe ten minutes after making a sticky mess of my toilet seat wondering how I was going to get all of this off of myself since it was now matted into my pubic hair as well as dripping from me. I jumped into the shower and to my surprise, the honey rinsed off easily with just water. The main thing here though, the itching had most definitely subsided. I was shocked and a little worried that I may have made the infection worse because, after all, sugar can induce a yeast infection.

Finished with the shower, I toweled myself off before pulling on my jammies and headed back to bed. Surprisingly, the itchy had subsided enough that I was able to sleep. The next morning I did go and purchase a yeast infection cream even though I still was not itching, but I can’t help finding it amazing that this sweet substance had actually helped! Just let me get this straight, sugar=bad for the vagina right? Apparently honey, though sweet, is the exception to the rule. Perhaps it could be used successfully to add flavor to oral sex since it didn’t seem to harm me in any way other than stinging just a tad. Perhaps it is also safe to cover my entire body in honey and splosh in it too! Nah, I think I would have to pass on that......it’s just too damn sticky!

Needless to say, I had to explain my experience to another close friend. She didn’t seem too surprised and informed me of yet another cure. Anxious to hear, I listened as she explained how her grandma used to use garlic. "What?!" I asked. "That’s right!" She assured me and went on to explain that you can either insert a fresh clove of garlic into your vagina or use minced garlic wrapped in gauze. You then leave it in as long as you care to. Now I don’t know about you but, I can’t imagine what that must smell like! Just for your information I have not tried this out but, I probably would if I was desperate enough! Hopefully I won’t be too desperate for a long time to come! Who knows though, it may be the best alternative out there!

Anyway, I just thought I would share this information with you because in light of the recent ice storm we have experienced, I personally would not be able to make it anywhere to buy a yeast infection cream right now. Perhaps there is some poor soul out there who is stuck at home with a yeast infection and this information might help them some. Hopefully my yeast infections will not return any time soon and I’m almost positive they were linked to the depo provera injections anyway. I rarely had a problem before taking those injections and they have finally tapered off! I really feel for anyone out there dealing with one right now. They are Hell! Maybe this will help some......

One last note, I would love to hear anyone else’s experience with honey or garlic and even some new suggestions too! I just find it interesting to know that there are alternatives out there! Go ahead and send me a message via hornytoads69(at)gmail(dot)com!

0 comments: