Search this blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Babeland review: The grip

When we discovered that the wonderful Babeland, seller of all things sexual, had an exciting exclusive called the Grip, we could hardly contain our excitement! Our excitement was doubled when we learned that we would be able to review it for them! Hubby couldn’t wait to get this toy in his hands and loved its motorcycle grip looks. It is definitely a very manly looking piece and its black color adds to that manly appeal. It really does look like a motorcycle grip and it is even textured as such to provide a sort of non-slip feature.

It arrived very discreetly in a plain, brown shipping box from Babeland and my initial reaction when it was pulled free of this packaging was, “finally!” You see, there is not a lot of wasteful packaging that goes into the trash with this product. Of all the toys we’ve tried thus far, I believe this one has got the least possible amount of packaging ever! I consider that to be a very, very good thing especially for the environment. Way to go Babeland! We love you!

I played around with the Grip some because hubby was not home when it arrived and I just couldn’t wait to watch him try it out. I personally found it to be a bit too stiff. While it would stretch some, it didn’t stretch much or very easily. I decided to finger the Grip and see how that felt on my fingers. To my surprise, the ridges inside are very pronounced and easily felt. I didn’t know if it was going to prove to be too much sensation for him or not because he does lean toward the softer materials for his pleasure. Don’t get me wrong here, the Grip is not hard by any means. It’s made from 100% silicone and it’s flexible with a velvety finish but silicone is not always the best stretcher. At this point, I decided to put the Grip away and wait for hubby to give it a try himself.

When hubby arrived home, I hurried to tell him about his new Grip and wanted to start playing immediately! Of course, that really wasn’t possible for us considering that we have three kids but, I really wanted to. Unfortunately we were going to have to wait for the kids to go to bed. By then, we were so tired we could hardly stay awake. We did end up having sex, as we do most nights before bed, but we didn’t manage to give the Grip a try. Little did I know, it was going to go on like this for a couple of weeks. Sometimes we just get stuck in a rut and there doesn’t seem to be enough time in a day for us but, I finally had to put my foot down! I wanted more action in the bedroom for both of us and I was going to get it!

The next night, the kids were sent to bed early to ensure some extra playtime for ourselves! I led hubby into the bedroom and then proceeded to pull his pants down and fellate him. When I had him good and aroused, I presented him with the Grip. Since it’s made from 100% silicone, we made sure to use a water based lube to get things slippery. He then was able to ease his engorged cock into the Grip sleeve. He expressed that it was a very tight fit, even for his average size, so those who are blessed with much thicker cocks may have a problem getting inside. When he began stroking, he was pleased to discover that he could cover the open end to create suction. Of course he wasn’t able to be fully inserted when he did this because it’s only 4 3/4" long but he still expressed enjoyment. He did complain that the ridges were too pronounced for him though. He had to make sure to keep everything lubed up really well or the ridges would chafe him somewhat and he didn’t appreciate that too much. Consecutive uses yielded the same results for him so it turned out that it just isn’t his thing.

All in all, it’s a great product, it just didn’t work out to its fullest potential with us. While we’re sure others out there will have better luck with this one, it probably won’t get much use in our bedroom.

Just a reminder, make sure to only use water based lubes with the Grip because it’s 100% silicone but, it is phthalate free too! You can even share it if you want to. Just make sure to boil it afterwards to be on the safe side. That’s pretty much it! Have fun and make sure to check out the other fun toys available at Babeland or to purchase your own Grip today!
























0 comments: