Search this blog

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Stuff....

Well, vacation sucked. I expected it would just from watching the news to see what the weather was going to be like. Our original plan was to stay home this year and dig a foundation to add on a new bedroom. Well, it rained.....and rained.....and then rained some more so, it was a no go. I mean, sure, we could have went ahead and dug out the foundation but it would have inevitably filled up with water that would then have to be pumped out. I guess we will have to resolve to doing it on days off. Boo!

My Mom seems to finally be settling into her Cherokee we bought for her though. At least that's a good thing! She's been going over it with a fine toothed comb every time she drives it with the intention of finding something wrong. The biggest thing she has found wrong with it and complained loudly to me about was that she couldn't get it to shift into gear. Of course, to most people this would probably be a bad thing but my Mom just isn't used to newer technology at all! I listened to her spiel about how it needed a new transmission because it was broke as well as the fact that it had to be because she couldn't shift it! Considering the fact that she had just driven it to my house with no problems meant nothing to her. I calmly told her it was just fine as she protested that it wasn't. She asked me just what the hell was wrong with it then and I calmly explained to her that you have to push the brake pedal or it won't shift! Yes, Mom, your Cherokee will not shift into gear unless you press down on the brake pedal! Go figure! I then watched her stomp out to her Cherokee, climb inside and stomp on the brake pedal. It shifted effortlessly into gear. This is where my Mom apologized and explained that she hadn't noticed before. Of course, that's okay Mom. I understand. I really, really do. I also still love you just please, drive it! It will be okay!

With all of the rainy weather going on and the stresses of Mom as well as not being able to start on our new bedroom, I needed comfort from my partner. His arms around me taking me into the bedroom always smooths everything over. In the bedroom, it's just me and him and nothing else matters. In there, in his arms, I don't care what others think of me or what they have against me. I don't care about what time it is, how much laundry is left to do or who I've offended in some way today. It's almost like time stands still and it always has for us. Just us, mingling together and melding into one. It's a beautiful thing and I look forward to it everyday! I can't wait for him to get home from work!

0 comments: