Search this blog

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Babeland Review: The Angel

The Angel, by Fun Factory, is a travel friendly, compact vibe with an overall length of about 5 ½" but due to the battery cap on the bottom, and the control buttons on the base of the shaft, only 4" are insertable. Of course that should be ample length for using the curved tip to stimulate your g-spot or clit but it may not be a hit with those who love deep penetration.

The Angel is made from some of the softest silicone I’ve ever felt! It’s so soft that it almost feels like jelly but it’s way more hygienic than jelly could ever dream of being! Silicone is non-porous, phthalate free and sterilizable and that means that you can share this one with a friend or two. Since it does contain vibrating components and controls, your best bet for sterilization is wiping it down with a 10% bleach solution followed by a good rinse. If you aren’t going to share it and only need to clean it for yourself, just wash it off with antibacterial soap and water or your favorite toy cleaner.

Due to the softness and flexibility of the silicone that the Angel is comprised of, I found g-spot stimulation to be more of a tickle rather than a good, strong pressure. I like pressure, so the Angel was a miss for me in that respect but others may find the teasing to be more pleasant than I did. It was just so close to providing the pressure I needed that I found myself becoming frustrated with it. That’s when I decided to focus more on other sensations it was providing rather than being so focused on my g-spot alone.

The Angel has a diameter of about 1 ½" that provided me with a nice “filling” sensation and the vibrations were easily felt throughout the lower portion of my vagina. There are eight speeds of steady vibrations that range in intensity from barely on up to an easily felt intensity on the highest setting but I found them to be too buzzy and superficial. I couldn’t help but lust after more power than what the Angel could deliver. Of course, that’s just me and I am aware that there are those of you out there who don’t require the amount of power that I crave and the Angel may be just what you’re looking for. It’s definitely a good choice for those of you out there who happen to have a sensitive clit because this one has some pretty low level intensities that you would appreciate.

There are three patterns of vibration with the Angel too. These patterns are pulse patterns that start off with a long pulse variation followed by a shorter pulse with the last patten being the fastest of the pulses. These were fun to play around with but couldn’t quite push me over the edge. These too were just lacking the power that I needed to achieve orgasm.

The controls are fairly simple to operate via the + and - push buttons located on the base of the silicone shaft. You push the + button to turn it on and push it again to increase the speed. You can also just hold it down to zoom up to the highest intensity of steady vibration. Once you’ve reached the highest speed of steady vibration, you simply hold the + button down again to switch into the pulse patterns. Push it again to cycle through the three options of pulse patterns. To switch back into steady vibrations, just push the - button. Then push it again to decrease the power or simply hold it down to zoom down to the lowest speed setting. To shut it off, push the - button while you are on the lowest speed setting and that’s it! That’s all you need to know to operate this vibe!

The batteries are easy to insert via the twist off battery cap at the base of the vibe. It’s clearly marked on the battery compartment for proper installation of the 2-AAA’s and then you twist the cap back on. It does a sort of push in, then half twist to close. It’s fairly secure and I haven’t had a problem with it popping off during use. There is a rubber “O” ring located on the threads to make this vibe splash proof and that’s always a plus to help make cleaning a bit easier!

One thing that the Angel has excelled at is being quiet! This vibe may be a bit short on power for me but it’s a good trade off for the discreetness! My husband couldn’t even hear this vibe from across the room on high speed! This is definitely a great choice if you ever plan on using a vibe in public because I doubt that anyone would hear it!

Just remember that this vibe is silicone so you should probably only use water based lubricants with it. Silicone will adhere to silicone so definitely don’t use silicone based lubes with this one or it could damage that lovely finish.

All in all, the Angel may not have been a complete success for me but it definitely has a lot of potential for other users. I’d definitely recommend it for someone looking for a discreet vibrator but probably not as a good g-spot vibe. I’d also recommend it for someone looking for an “on-the-go” toy because it’s quite portable. Not only would it fit easily into a purse but it would probably fit into a lot of pockets too.

The smoothness and softness of the silicone will also make this a great choice for those who don’t like the rigidity of some toys. It’s quite comfortable when inserted because of this but it just didn’t win me over like I had hoped it would. It may be the perfect toy for you but I won’t be parting with my Hitachi for this one anytime soon!

Does this sound like a toy that you’d be interested in? Then head over to Babeland today to get your hands on one for yourself!










1 comments:

adriana said...

Man, no way that could hit my G-spot. But I suspect mine moves. LOL