Search this blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Babeland Review: Sensuous Soak Kit

I recently had the privilege of trying out the Sensuous Soak kit for Babeland and all I can say is, Wow! I really loved everything about this kit but it seems to no longer be available at Babeland. That’s such a shame too because it really was an impressive kit!

The first thing I noticed about the Sensuous Soak kit was that it was all neatly packaged inside of a pink Babeland gift bag. I’m actually surprised that all of the contents were able to fit inside so well but it is definitely a cute package perfect for gifting! Anyone would love to receive it! I know that I personally would welcome a gift like this on any day, for any occasion, so hopefully they be restocking it soon!

I’m going to go over each individual item for you and you’ll be amazed at how many fabulous items are crammed in there! Each of the following items is included in the Senuous Soak kit to make for a wonderfully relaxing escape any day of the week!

1. Babeland’s own bubble bath! It’s scent is called, “Afternoon Delight” which I found to have a light, pleasant scent that is gender neutral. I asked my husband what his feelings were on the scent and he said that it just smelled clean. He wasn’t turned off by it at all and it didn’t smell like a bouquet of flowers. Either way, I doubt that anyone will find the scent offensive and I liked it!

We thought the bubbles foamed really well to provide us with a nice and thick, long lasting bubble bath. They lasted probably around 30-45 minutes which was long enough for us to do what we needed to do in the tub. They were still present after 30-45 minutes, just not as thick as before. We were done at that point and ready to get out though.

The ingredients for
Babeland’s bubble bath are printed on the 250 ml. bottle and they are as follows:

Purified water (agua), sodium laureth sulfate, cocamide, MEA, cocamidoproyl betaine, sodium chloride, polysorbate 80, shea butter, fragrance, DMDM hydantoin, FD&C Yellow #5, and FD&C Blue #1.

2. The personal vibrating foam sponge by Body Spa was also fantastic! We found it to be a quality sponge that lathered easily and really enhanced our bath time fun. Not only did it relax our muscles when we used it on each others neck and shoulders but it also aroused our other senses when used elsewhere. It was definitely a wonderful bonus that not only helped us relax but also helped us to get in the mood!

When our playtime was over, I decided to try and locate the vibrator inside the sponge. I did this in an attempt to let you all know if this sponge is a one time use job or if it is reusable. What I found was that there is a very small hole/canal that you can access the bullet vibe through. You can, with some careful effort, remove this bullet from the sponge. It is a very shiny, silver colored plastic bullet that has an O-ring around it’s battery cap. Ours did not leak at all and the watch batteries are easily changed to use it again! Putting the bullet back inside of the sponge was much easier for me than taking it out. I’m just glad that it isn’t a throw away item!

3. The
Jimmyjane Afterglow massage candle in cucumber water scent was amazing! This candle is just beautiful and it smells good too! It comes in a box to protect it and the first thing you notice when you lift the flap of the cardboard are the words, “Melt Me”. Further unfolding of the box allows you to access the manual which has instructions in English, French, Spanish, German and Dutch.

Under the manual, there is a fabulous box of matches so your sure to be able to light your new candle anywhere! There are a lot of matches in this box and it will, more than likely, outlive the candle itself. I’m still amazed!

Finally, you’ll be able to remove your candle as well as the included brush that will allow you to spread melted wax all over your lover. Of course, you’ll have to burn the candle for about 30 minutes or so beforehand or you’re just not going to be able to get any massage oil out. Sorry but that’s just the way it is.

4. Last but not at all least, we have a waterproof (Yes, waterproof!) book called,
“Aqua erotica.” It’s got 18 wonderful stories and about 204 pages so you’re sure to have something to do in the tub even if your lover isn’t home. It’s well written by several different authors but it’s edited by Mary Anne Mohanraj. It’s a great read and most of, if not all of the stories, involve some sort of water so it’s especially great for those who have a water fetish!

I know what you’re thinking about a water proof book too. No, this is not a waterproof book like toddlers take into the bathtub. It’s much more advanced than that, I promise! The cover and pages actually feel very similar to a regular paper back book, just not quite as papery. You can even tear the pages if you’re trying to make a point for your readers to let them know how similar they are to actual pages. You can really get it wet without damaging it too! Yes, I tried to drown mine for you but I simply toweled it off before leaving it open to thoroughly dry in a well ventilated area and it’s now just fine. It’s actually pretty amazing and I think they should make more books like this for those nights that I’m reading and snacking at the same time. That way I can just wipe them off when I miss my mouth because I’m not watching what I’m doing.

So, yeah, this is a fantastic kit and I loved all of it’s components. Not only did the candle help set the mood for the bubble bath but it also provided a nice melted wax massage afterwards. The bubbles, vibrating sponge and book were a sinful indulgence that I’m glad I was able to share with my lover too. It was a perfect escape to an isolated place where we could both relax, even if it was just our bathroom! It was truly a wonderful evening.

Want to see what other kits are available at Babeland today? Go check them out for yourself because I’m sure your gonna find something you love! Have fun and until next time, Muaaahhh!













2 comments:

Epiphora said...

Hahaha. I love your idea about making more books that are waterproof. I totally agree.

Sadly, I doubt Babeland will be stocking this anymore. They have a bad habit of sending things out to review that they are discontinuing.

Oggins said...

Hi Epiphora! I wonder why they do that!? Ugh! It really was a great kit too. Why do they want reviews for discontinuing items? I just don't get it....=(